About Maxwell Gunter Annex, AL
Maxwell Gunter Annex is a military installation of the United States Air Force located in the suburbs northeast of Montgomery, Alabama. It opened in 1940, and the 42nd Air Base Wing at nearby Maxwell Air Force Base operates the Annex as a subordinate installation. The Annex is named after the late long-time mayor of Montgomery William Adams Gunter.
The Business and Enterprise System is headquartered at Maxwell Gunter Annex. The BES is a combat information system and network that is used by the USAF, Department of Defense, and various federal government agencies. Its primary function is to provide information technology and weapon system solutions for the Air Force.
The Montgomery Municipal Airport became Maxwell Gunter Annex's location, and the original purpose of the Annex was to be a flight training school. Currently, over 2,200 people are employed at the Annex, and they support 161 combat support, logistics and infrastructure programs.