Specialized Experience: GS-05: Three years of general experience performing work at GS-4 level or equivalent pay systems.
Examples are: Ability to gather and analyze basic facts and draw conclusions and participate in special studies and projects OR 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree GS-07: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level or equivalent pay systems.
Examples: Analyze, develop and evaluate issues and develop recommendations to resolve issues of efficiency of work operations OR 1 full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement OR To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the policies, precedents, goals, objectives, regulations, and guidelines of a functional area such as financial oversight, budget formulation, and/or budget execution.
2. Knowledge of acquisition statues, regulations, and procedures; acquisition planning; a wide variety of contracting methods and contract types; negotiation techniques; and private business practices and market conditions.
3. Ability to analyze and evaluate continual changes in program plans and funding and their effect on financial and budget program milestones.
4. Ability to develop, recommend, and implement budgetary and financial policies.
5. Skill in advising other financial or budget experts throughout the agency and/or other agencies on issues that involve applying or tailoring methods and procedures developed by the employee to a variety of situations.
6. Knowledge of information technology software and hardware sufficient to analyze financial activities and develop and charts functional logic for new and revised automated financial management systems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.