This listing has been closed to new applications. This page exists for archive purposes only.
Pay Range:
$47,025 to $61,137 / Per Year
Job Grade:
2 Years
Apply by: 2018-03-23 Published: 3 months ago

About the Position: This position is with the Department of Pathology located at Tripler Army Medical Center, which is on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii.

Oahu is the third largest island in the Hawaiian chain.

It is home to about three-fourths of the state's population.

Honolulu is the state capitol and the 11th largest U.S. Metropolitan city.

Waikiki, the most world-renowned site in Oahu, and is the top visitor destination of the state.

The island is very geographically diverse with mountains, rainforests, volcanic craters, tropics, beaches and much more.

A cost of living allowance (COLA) of 10.99% is currently authorized; subject to change.

**Salary includes 18.43% locality pay** TAMC is a tobacco-free workplace.

Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and electronic nicotine delivery devices.

Permanent change of station (PCS) allowances MAY BE authorized Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY BE authorized THIS IS A TERM POSITION NOT TO EXCEED TWO (2) YEARS.

Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job.

You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.

See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.

Current Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Executive Order (E.O.) 12721Interagency Career Transition Assistance PlanMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferPriority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrantVeterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below.

Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).

You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.

Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.

Additional information about transcripts is in this document.

Specialized Experience: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.

Specialized experience is defined as cutting and staining very thin sections of human tissue specimens for microscopic examination; testing and examining body fluid for abnormalities in cell structure and following infection control and safety precautions.

This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).

Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.

For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below: You must have completed at least 1 1/2 years of graduate level education that is directly related to the work of this position.

(Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.

If transcripts are not received at the time that your application is submitted, you will not receive consideration for this position.) You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas: Attention to DetailClericalTechnical CompetenceTechnology Application Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-07).