THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ORDNANCE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0325000 and is part of the CO 140th MXS, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States.
Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense.
We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies.
Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard.
Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located in the Munitions Maintenance, Storage, Handling, and Missile Maintenance Section of the Munitions Maintenance Branch.
The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance on assigned missiles, operate, repair, maintain and calibrate missile test equipment, operate the Combat Ammunition System (CAS B), store, handle and perform intermediate level maintenance on assigned conventional munitions.
Please advise: 1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicants RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each specialized experience listed below.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include specialized experience in your resume.
Must have at least 18 months of Specialized Experience in each of the following: 1. Experience in repairing, rebuilding, modifying and testing a variety of major subassemblies.
2. Experience in diagnosing malfunctions and determining repair in major components consisting of numerous assemblies, interrelated electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic assemblies, and components.
3. Experience in the use of precision measurement equipment.
4. Experience interpreting and applying a variety of technical manuals and similar published materials.