This listing has been closed to new applications. This page exists for archive purposes only.
Pay Range:
$44,941 to $58,428 / Per Year
Job Grade:
Full Time
Apply by: 2017-08-21 Published: 11 months ago

About the Position:This is a permanent position.

The Humphreys Engineer Center Support Activity (HECSA) is located in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, approximately 15 miles south of the Nation's Capital, in Alexandria, Virginia.

For more information on HECSA, please visit Humphreys Engineer Center Support Activity (HECSA), Contracting Office, provides comprehensive contracting and acquisition solutions in times of peace, war and disaster for United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and it's National and Global partners.

The contracting office also provides acquisition policy/planning and program execution for HECSA, HQUSACE, the Institute for Water Resources, 249TH Engineer Battalion, Prime Power School, Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP), Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP), and select tenants at Humphreys Engineer Center.

Performs contract oversight functions including acquisition planning, systems administration, and compliance reviews.

This position reports to the supervisory contract specialist within the Humphreys Engineer Center Support Activity Contracting Center.This announcement is specifically for those interested and qualified for the GS-07 level.

If you wish to apply at the GS-09 and/or GS-11 levels, please see announcement number NCFL171945200730R.Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.

This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.

Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens

In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below.

Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.

Additional information about transcripts is in this document.BASIC REQUIREMENT:Degree: Successful completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.

(The 24 semester hour requirement can be obtained within the bachelor's degree OR in addition to the degree.)ANDGS-07 LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:IN ADDITION to meeting the basic qualification requirements above, one of the following is also REQUIRED:Specialized Experience: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.

Specialized experience is defined as: 1) overseeing, reviewing all contractual correspondence with contractors (to include requests for contract deviations); 2) working with senior contract specialists in preparing related documentation for award of contract or supplemental agreement; and 3) aiding contracting specialist in conducting audit reports on contractual obligations.

This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).ORSuperior Academic Achievement for GS-07: Successful completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with Superior Academic Achievement.

To qualify based on S.A.A., education must be fully qualifying for the position being filled.

Applicant must meet one of the following provisions for superior academic achievement:1.

A standing in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision.2.

A grade point average of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for (a) all courses completed; or (b) courses completed during the last two years of the curriculum.3.

A grade point average of "B+" (3.5. on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent based on (a) the average of the required courses completed in the major field; or (b) the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.4.

Election to membership in one of the national honorary societies (other than freshman societies) that meets the requirements of the Association of College of Honor Societies.Grade point averages will be rounded to one decimal point.

For example, 2.95 will round to 3.0, and 2.94 will round to 2.9.NOTE: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) was taken on a pass/fail or similar basis, your S.A.A. claim must be based on class standing or membership in an honor society and you must provide evidence of your class standing or honor society membership with your application.OREducation Substitution for GS-07: Successful completion of at least one full year of graduate-level education that would have equipped the candidate with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work of the position.

One year of graduate coursework is 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours.

To qualify on the basis of graduate education, the graduate study must be in one or a combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management.ORApplicants Combining Education and Experience: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and graduate education that you possess.

To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12.

Then divide your semester hours of graduate education by 18.

Add the two percentages.

The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.Exemption: You are exempt from the education requirements above if you are a current DOD employee, in any occupational series, who has served on or before September 30, 2000 as follows: (1) Served as a GS/equivalent-1102 position or contracting officer position with authority to award or administer contracts above the SAT in any Federal agency, OR (2) Served as a military member in a comparable military occupational specialty.ORIf you are a current member of the armed forces who occupied a position within an occupational specialty similar to the GS-1102 series on or before 30 September 2000.

United States Citizens