The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States.
Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense.
We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies.
Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT: This is an excepted service position and as such requires active membership in the Alaska Air National Guard, be assigned to a compatible military assignment and wear of the military uniform.
Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Applicants who are not a current member of the Alaska Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate enlistment or appointment if selected for this position.
For enlistment/appointment information, contact (907) 644-8033.
Opened Area(s) of Consideration: 1 DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION: Area 1 - AKNG permanent or indefinite technicians, excepted or competitive civil service currently employed with the Alaska Army or Air National Guard.
PDCN: D2285P01 Selecting Supervisor: James Asselin
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is experience which is directly related to the position to be filled and which has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position.
WL-13- Must have at least two years of skill and knowledge of the FWS 2610 work at the craftsman level.
Capable of leading three or more employees to install, modify, overhaul, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, align, calibrate, and rebuild multi-system avionics complexes consisting of multiple completely integrated electronic avionics systems where the complex accomplishes a number of major functions.
Must have the work experiences, along with the a full-range of competencies, to perform the Electronics Integrated Systems Mechanic trades and labor craftsmen's work requirements.
Demonstrated competencies and experiences in performing on-or-off equipment maintenance on one-or-more complete electronic integrated systems associated with the assigned aircraft and/or maintenance on systems such as automatic flight control systems, instrument systems, inertial and radar navigation systems.
Experienced in leading and performing Electronic Integrated Systems maintenance duties.
Skilled in performing in-process inspections within the shop and on-site of repair, diagnostics, modification, overhaul and/or rebuild of integrated electronic systems and related support equipment.
Experiences involved performing personnel training evaluations and work spot-check reviews.
Skilled in identifying quality standards through detailed reviews of electronic, electrical, mechanical and operational by using inspection methods.
Experiences involved investigating causes of critical or major defects and applying corrective actions.
Knowledgeable and skilled in testing and measuring the equipment used in the integrated maintenance process to ensure proper calibration and required configuration.
Experiences involved inspecting systems to determine if necessary modifications were accomplished.
In addition, experiences involved advising aerospace engineering personnel on the operation and maintenance effects of proposed time compliance technical orders modifications on new or existing equipment.
Competent in performing inspections of completed work.
Competent in performing work that requires direct interactions with aircrews for mission/sortie debrief and enhanced system troubleshooting.
Experienced in conducting final classification and acceptance of all inspected equipment and material.
Skilled in performing inspections that included visual, dimensional, electrical or electronic characteristics for conformance to appearance or tolerance requirements and a function/operation test.
Must have the skills to direct on-equipment or off-equipment maintenance on one or more complete electronic integrated systems associated with the assigned aircraft, and/or maintenance on systems such as, automatic flight control systems, instrument systems, inertial and radar navigation systems.
Experienced in following instructions and guidance from senior supervisors that resulted in full execution of tasks that successfully accomplished goals and objectives.
Experienced in providing technical data, schematics, plans, blueprints, material, and test equipment to complete assigned work.
Skilled in identifying and balancing the work requirements.
Experiences included monitoring and reporting on work effort, task status and work progress.
Skilled in completing the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, deadlines, and quality requirements.
Experienced in mentoring and coaching team-members in the selection and application of appropriate problems solving methods and techniques.
Skilled in facilitating and/or skilled and knowledgeable in obtaining training for unit members to learn and improve methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish work.
Experienced in maintaining the inspection program for area of responsibility and administrative reference materials, to include relevant documents, policies, procedures, and written instructions from supervision.
Work experiences involved preparing reports and maintaining completed work records.
Skilled in negotiating with the supervisor for the purpose of obtaining resources and securing needed information or decisions on major work problems and issues.
Must have the skills and abilities to anticipate concerns, investigate causes of critical or major defects, and apply corrective actions.
Skilled in conducting environmental safety requirements and identifying equipment handling concerns that resulted in observed safety and housekeeping practices.
Experiences included compliance with wearing the appropriate safety equipment and following pertinent safety precautions.
Length of time is not of itself qualifying.
Your experience will be evaluated on the basis of duties performed.
Your record of experience and/or training must show possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position: - Ability to lead Electronic Integrated system team inspection and repair work.
- Ability to serve as a team leader facilitating team building skills.
- Knowledge of electronic theories and practices of integrated electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, optical, and mechanical systems of such applications as digital or analog computers, digital display devices which enables the incumbent to understand and predict the effects of subsystem malfunctions on the total function system.
- Ability to apply electronic theories and practices to identify, isolate and repair malfunctions in one or more complex integrated systems where knowledge of the entire system is necessary to interpret error data and trace problems back through a number of units of the system to locate deficiencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of digital and analog circuits, solid state devices theory, electromechanical devices, digital techniques, synchro/servo operation and integrated circuit theory.
Ability to interpret / trace schematics, logic / wiring diagrams and use a wide variety of test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE).
Ability to perform algebraic and trigonometric formulas - Knowledge of the technology and practices which integrate the components of the systems into a total functional system.
Determine methods of repair where extremely complex relationships exist among numerous inter-connected units and control circuits; not only within the individual control systems but between them as well.
- Knowledge and ability to perform complex mathematics including algebra and trigonometric formulas to calculate power relationships, signal phasing, etc., and to solve work related problems.
- Ability to accurately identify, isolate, repair, align, and adjust complete multi-system complex malfunctions of the aircraft such as target acquisition and tracking, weapons control, aircraft attitude control, navigation, electronic counter measure (ECM) and other complex functions are performed by numerous systems which are extensively interconnected with data feedback loops.
- Ability to follow drawings for multi-system complexes of numerous integrated systems; to trace the effect of a change in one subsystem to other integrated subsystems and determine which controls and devices must be changed or adjusted to compensate; and to repair, align, and adjust complete multi-systems such as the electronics package in a highly automated aircraft where target acquisition and tracking, weapons control, aircraft attitude control, navigation, electronic counter measure (ECM) and other complex functions are performed by numerous systems that are extensively interconnected with data feedback loops.
- Ability to isolate malfunctions of complete multiple integrated system complexes consisting of closely interrelated integrated and non-integrated systems.
United States Citizens