This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT), Position Description Number D2182P01 and is part of the CO 140 CF, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States.
Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense.
We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies.
Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard.
Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located in the Operations Section of a Base Communications Unit, Mission Support Group, in an Air National Guard Wing.
This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification.
This position is responsible for providing voice, data, wireless, Communications Focal Point (CFP) and information security services provided to the Wing, supported Geographically Separated Units, and Tenants.
The incumbent specializes in one or more of the major information technology (IT) and/or communications systems/functions managed and maintained by the Unit - network infrastructure, wireless systems, voice systems, and CFP operations.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a customer support specialist performing work involving analytical and evaluative duties related to classified and unclassified information technology networks and/or cyber system with primary knowledge requirements of information processing methodology, information technology, telecommunications systems, computer capabilities, processing techniques, IT trouble ticket management, and data communications.
Please advise: 1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicants RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each specialized experience listed below.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include specialized experience in your resume.
Must have at least 36 months of Specialized Experience in each of the following: 1. Experience that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization.
2. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls.
3. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment.
4. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
**Current CO National Guard Membership is required**