Full Time Information Technology Management Job for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation.
SAMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
This position is located in theOffice of Management, Technology and Operations (OMTO), Division of Technology Management, located in Rockville, MD.This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-SAMHSA-MP-17-1932713 under merit promotion procedures.
Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.PHS Commissioned Corps (CC) Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated aboveAdditional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
· Must have IT-related specialized experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below: · (1)Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
· (2)Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
· (3)Oral Communication- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
· (4)Problem Solving- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
· AND · GS-13: Have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-12 grade level in the Federal service which is directly related to the work of this position and has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position.
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to gain employment.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
United States Citizens