Military Base Jobs
Located in Orange, Wisconsin, near Camp Douglas, Camp Williams is a part of Volk Field Air National Guard Base.
Camp Williams is operated by the Wisconsin National Guard.
Its mission is to provide training for units to achieve combat readiness.
Established in 1903, Camp Williams was named for Lieutenant Colonel Charles R. Williams who managed the post until his death.
An airstrip was built on the location in 1936.
It became a permanent training site in 1957 and maintains its historic mission of training combat-ready troops.
The Property and Fiscal Office for the State of Wisconsin is also located in Camp Williams.
The Combined Maintenance Shop maintains National Guard vehicles from armories such as Fort McCoy.