About Camp San Luis Obispo, CA
Camp San Luis Obispo is an operational military base in San Luis Obispo County, California first established in 1928, which increased its size during World War II from 6274 acres to its current size of 15244 acres.
Though the base is the original home of the National Guard, during World War II it was used as a prisoner of war camp, and the United States Army used Camp San Luis Obispo during the Korean War for signal training, including teletype and cryptography training. From 1965-1978, the base hosted Cuesta College's campus.
Today, Camp San Luis Obispo is home to many branches of the military, including units of the state Army and Air National Guard, the California Conservation Corps, and the U.S. Army and Coast Guard Reserves. Their administrative housing can accommodate 1520 workers and up to 2000 soldiers for training exercises, which is currently the facility's main focus.