About Camp J.T. Robinson, AR
Camp Joseph T. Robinson is a camp of the Army National Guard, and is located in North Little Rock, Arkansas. It is home to the Arkansas National Guard, but is used by other military and civilian organizations as well. The area encompasses 33,000 areas and is instrumental as a training facility for the military.
The land for the camp was awarded in 1917. During World War II, Camp Robinson served as housing for German prisoners of war, and was Arkansas's second largest city when control was turned over to the State of Arkansas in 1946. Most recently, substantial acreage at the Camp was designated for use as a National Cemetery.
An example of beneficial partnerships between the military and civilian sector, Camp Robinson has existed in parts as a wildlife management areas and even an airport servicing North Little Rock.