About Camp Dodge, IA
Located in Johnston, Iowa, Camp Dodge is the headquarters of the Iowa National Guard. It is Iowa's only military training facility. It is home to the 34th Army Band and the Gold Star Museum.
Established in 1917, Camp Dodge is named for the general responsible for Iowa's first National Guard unit. Camp Dodge began as a processing center for draftees to whom it provided basic training. Since the end of World War II, Camp Dodge has been used exclusively as a training center for the Iowa National Guard.
Camp Dodge operates the Sustainment Training Center, Joint Force Headquarters and Iowa's emergency operations center, along with the State Police academy. It offers numerous services to its population, such as sexual assault prevention, a behavioral health center, youth programs and family readiness.