About Burlington ANG Base, VT
Loctaed in South Burlington, Vermont, Burlington Air National Guard Base has been active since February 1953, though it began to have its components put in place two years earlier. That's when the town's airport served as the home of the 134th Fighter Squadron after it had been assigned by the Air Defense Command (ADC).
For its first seven years, it operated as Ethan Allen Air Force Base. The name change coincided with the re-organization of the 134th Squadron into the 158th Fighter Interceptor Group and meant that instead of it serving as an Air Force base, it would be used by the Vermont Air National Guard.
By 1968, ADC now stood for Aerospace Defense Command, though by 1980, it had been disbanded, with the 158th working under Tactical Air Command. It remains under the control of the Air Force, though in 1992, it became part of the Air Combat Command.